No Bangs, Just Curls

I have always wanted hair like this.

Running thru blogs, there are always endless pics of gorgeous girls with blunt thick bangs. Makes me so sad I cant pull it off. I tried it but alas it just wasn’t for me, for two reasons the first being I have naturally curly hair so maintaining it was a lot of work. The weather was my enemy, the minute it’s a bit humid or it starts to rain all my straightening goes out the window and I have to run for cover looking like a weirdo with a mini fro in the front! Not a look I can carry of at all! Every day I I’d step out the house praying God would be kind to me and not let it rain. I even refused to go swimming or let my hair get wet at the beach because I didn’t want to walk around it heaps of short curly bits in front . The second being it made me look really young, I already look younger than my age but the bangs made me look even younger! You think not possible, yes possible! Bouncers just wouldn’t believe my ID and would ask if I had a second piece of ID on me! No Mr Bouncer I do not carry my passport with me everywhere I go! So I am growing it out and hoping to right the damage I have caused to my hair by straightening it almost every day. I can't wait for it to be all grown out so I can have glorious healthy locks!

My curly hair had always been a bane for me, it was always a tangle of mess. So the minute I could afford straighteners, I was on that bandwagon. GHD has been my saviour but it has also been the cause of my hair damage...shame! With people expressing surprise at discovering I am a natural curly head and complimenting it and telling me why dont I should wear it that way more often. The more I hear the appreciation people have for curls the more I learn to like my natural curls.So one of my resolutions for 2010 is to get my hair healthy again and that means embracing my god given or should I say parents given curly hair. And the ever handy internet provides plenty of inspiration to go au naturel but these girls were my favourites...just gorgeous! So effortless.

Th word ethereal comes in mind when I look at them. Great style too!
Sources: The Sartorialist

No comments:

Post a Comment